It was a privilege to attend one of the Citizens UK policy making sessions (on housing) this week. When the power of community organising is let loose on action orientated policy making, without the prejudices of party politics, it is immensely powerful. The debate was extremely well informed and, probably more importantly, was deeply grounded in the real and current concerns of large numbers of individual citizens from around the country.
- Government whittles down Lower Thames crossing options
- Plans submitted for 9.3-hectare Canary Wharf scheme
- Report backs LEP role in boosting housing numbers
- NAO report questions enterprise zones success
- Osborne announces plan to regenerate 'worst' estates
- Go-ahead for west London estate redevelopment
- Olympic fringe plans given green light
- Go-ahead for new Bristol City stadium
- Ministers urged to bolster 'town centre-first' rule
- Bill proposes HS2 regeneration powers
Latest @Chrisigloo tweets
Tagsarchitects architecture Big Society Cabe Carbon Trust Centre for Cities Chris Huhne City Challenge Claridges Clean Air Act Clive Betts Communities and Local Government Select Committee community governance community land trusts community planning community renewal Conservative Party Core Cities Department for Communities and Local Government Select Committee: Regeneration evidence deprivation design design standards East End east London East London Community Land Trust eco-homes ecohomes energy efficiency energy efficiency rating systems Eric Pickles Fair Games Grand Designs Grant Shapps green belt Green Deal Iain Duncan Smith lifetime tenancy localism localism bill neighbourhood planning neighbourhood plans New Homes Bonus social housing welfare-to-work Work Programme
December 2013 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Mawrrun50 on What a Difference a Year Makes – Housing, Planning and Party Conferences
- Lindsey Simpson on Pickles Referred to Advertising Standards Authority?
- David Marlow on Pickles Referred to Advertising Standards Authority?
- Storm Cunningham on The Value of Citizen Led Regeneration
- Adam Roake on The Value of Citizen Led Regeneration